In recent speeches, President Hussein has continually waxed romantic about the historical legacy of Abraham Lincoln, desperately trying to wrap himself in Lincoln's mantle, the same way Reagan wrapped himself in the same American Flag that Pres. Hussein refuses to salute.
Pres. Hussein pointed to Lincoln's desire that Confederate veterans be forgiven and allowed to return to their farms to work in peace. Hussein said in effect we all need to be nice to one another in politics, "like Lincoln." Basically he was pointing a finger a Conservatives for working against him, implying that Conservatives should be "nice" like Lincoln and go along with Hussein's half-baked programs.
Here are some facts about Lincoln that President Hussein conveniently ignored:
- Lincoln declared a draft, threw all draft dodgers in jail, and kept them there indefinitely without trials. This doesn't reflect proper "liberal values."
- Lincoln did the same with public critics against the Union war effort. He also suspended Habeas Corpus in the process. Not very "liberal," either
- Lincoln was a Republican who would never would have authorized a multi-trillion dollar pork barrel package, like President Hussein.
- People that Lincoln said we should be nice to eventually shot and killed him anyway.
- LINCOLN AUTHORIZED THE "SCORCHED EARTH" CAMPAIGN OF GEN. SHERMAN, LEAVING VAST SWATHS OF THE SOUTH IN UTTER RUIN AND MILLIONS OF PEOPLE STARVING.
- Lincoln authorized Gen. Sherman to burn Southern cities to the ground, with live humans dying in the flames, many of whom were black. Definitely NOT NICE, regardless of the Union cause.
Mr. Barack, YOU'RE NO LINCOLN.