Monday, May 25, 2009

History Repeats.

Former General Colon Bowell (oops, I mean Colin Powell) is on the warpath for the GOP moderates, blaming core conservatives for election losses and portraying us as "extreme" right wing. The truth is, we lost the election because of the moderates -- they have become so wishy-washy, nerdy, and Democrat-looking, that swing voters desperately latched on to the first really, really strong personality they saw in the election, which was Obam-messiah.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090525/ap_on_re_us/us_republican_ruckus

Powell basically wants the Republican Party to sell out its principles simply for the sake of being more "inclusive." He doesn't want to risk alienating defecting moderates. Personally, I really wish the moderates would defect. I wish they would all be honest with the world and admit that they are Democrats, instead of insulting my intelligence by saying their "conservative." Let the moderates go. Get rid of them.

As politicians, Powell and the moderates are concerned about winning elections. As a true conservative, I'm concerned with defending eternal principles of righteousness, such as the sanctity of life and the purity of marriage. Call me what you want, marginalize me if you must, but there are just some things as a conservative you just don't compromise. Lives of the innocent unborn is one of them.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

That's a famous quote by Patrick Henry before the Virginia House of Burgesses. In essence he is saying "I don't care if you cowards want to stand idle and sell out to the British Crown to preserve all your goodies. I will take the path of righteousness before God -- I will support the cause of liberty, with my very life if I have to."

Here is Bucky's translation of Patrick Henry's Quote: "Is re-election so dear, or congressional pensions so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of unborn children and middle class tax payers? I know not what other phony masks the Moderates may wear; but as for me, give me The Grand Ole Party, or give me death!"



Patrick Henry also remarked "If this be treason, then make the most of it!"

Bucky's translation: "If my defense of the unborn and the taxpayer really offends the Republican Moderates, then up yours!"

2 comments:

mystere's moonbat slayer club said...

Moonbats are like those whiners in the desert that Moses had to put up with: They whined to go back to Egypt to be under the Pharoah, saying they had their fill of goodies, when in reality, they got the tripe of the day! That infuriated Moses, and God was more than white hot livid! It's time we get more than white hot livid, and banish these cry babies.

RD said...

I'm with ya on this bucky...Colin Powell is the LAST person Republicans should listen to.
He's got a big Ass tattooed on his big ass.