Monday, September 22, 2008

Dixie Chumps

Last night I saw the Simpsons episode from this spring where The Dixie Chunks did a cameo appearance. They starred as themselves and sang a song that poked fun at Patriotism -- "Free speech needs curtailin' every now and again."

The thing that makes me laugh is that they still don't get it. They can't figure out that free speech is a two edged sword. Of course they are free to say what they want, but for some reason the Chicks don't understand that the public is free to disagree all they want. The American public is just as free to disagree with The Chicks as they are to spew their Communism. Liberal celebrities are all the same. They think that free speech is only for them.

If I want to go insult some big guys in a bar it's my free speech to do so. But those big guys are free to disagree with my continued presence amongst them when they throw me out on my keister.

Liberals just can't understand the principle, and they whine about not being able to spew their Communism when people strongly oppose them.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2007/11/the-simpsons-wh.html




Remember, children -- only Liberals are allowed free speech.

No comments: